Participates in the teaching mission of the SON; specific activities and responsibilities are based on rank. Faculty members in the clinical series are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising.
1. Clinical Activities (not related to teaching or research): . Clinical practice sufficient to maintain APN licensure in the state of Oregon. Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practica based on teaching assignment
2. Scholarly Activities (research/writing, abstracts, grant supported work, presentations, etc.): Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank. NA
3. Education Activities (include types of teaching and types of student taught): Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities:
Attend monthly PNP program faculty meeting and PNP quarterly students advising session
Academic advising and mentoring of PNP Program students
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Masters degree in nursing.
Oregon RN license and current CPR card.
Three years of clinical practice experience.
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner primary care and acute care.
Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher.
1-2 years of experience in graduate education.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or .
Recruitment ID: 2020-4939
External Company URL: dturner
Street: Marquam Hill
Posting Department: School Of Nursing
Posting Pay: Commensurate with Experience.
Posting FTE: 0.50
Posting Schedule: To be determined.
HR Mission: Academics
Drug Testable: Yes