George Fox University announces a visiting professor of business position starting August 15, 2021. The successful candidate should be capable of teaching courses in these areas: Global business, organizational behavior, global environment MBA, MBA special topics, business statistics or personal finance, and strategy.
This position is a one-year appointment for the academic year, 2021-22.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Program/Department Mission Statement The mission of the George Fox College of Business is to shape competent, confident, compassionate leaders, who are ready to contribute. "Be Known. Be a Trusted Leader." There is more to business than the bottom line. Courses for the undergraduate business and economics programs, the full-time MBA program and the DBA program are offered on our main campus in Newberg, Oregon. Courses for the part-time MBA program are offered at our center in Portland (Tigard), Oregon. The College's programs are accredited by ACBSP.
The work of our new colleague will include, but is not limited to:
* Teaching broadly in both the undergraduate and MBA business curriculum, including Global Business, Global Strategy, Organizational Behavior, and personal finance or business statistics.
* Engagement with professional business and economics communities.
* Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
* An earned doctorate in business or a relevant discipline, preferably PhD or DBA. Applicants who are ABD but expect to have an earned doctoral degree by the time of appointment will be considered.
* Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential, including an ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles to increase student retention and success. Teaching in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats is anticipated.
* A record of relevant scholarship is preferred.
* Practical business experience and ongoing engagement with the business community through consultation, governance or professional associations are required..
* All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Visiting Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures apply only through our website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
* Letter of Interest
* Curriculum Vitae (CV)
* Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
* INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describing your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries.)