The department of School Psychology and Counselor Education is recruiting a pool of persons for the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 semesters to be considered for possible adjunct teaching positions in our online counseling program. This is a fully online, remote position. This pool will be accessed ONLY when an opening arises and is based on funding. Your credentials will remain active as long as this pool is available. If you are still interested once this pool is closed, you must resubmit your application materials to the most current adjunct pool.
If you have previously submitted an application for an instructional position at William & Mary via the online system, your existing application documents can be easily transferred to this position pool.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The review of applications is ongoing.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
* Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
* Coordinate course activities with the Lead Instructor.
* Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
* Provide students with timely and specific feedback.
* Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on the instructions/rubrics provided by the Lead Instructor (2-3 business days).
* Respond to student inquiries within 1-2 business days.
* Monitor discussion boards and participate as applicable.
* Hold weekly virtual office hours for individual or group consultation.
* Meet weekly with the Lead Instructor during regularly scheduled calls throughout the course.
* Submit final grades according to William & Mary policy and the Online Programs calendar.
* Submit end-of-semester feedback and reflection form.