Senior Director, Commercial Strategic Insights, Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Senior Director, Commercial Strategic Insights, Oncology
Reporting to the Executive Director, Commercial Strategic Insights (CSI), the Sr. Director will lead a team responsible for primary market research for the Oncology business unit within the US Commercial Organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, execution, and evaluation of strategic and tactical US market research plans and initiatives supporting stakeholder insight needs for current and late stage pipeline oncology products. You would work closely with the brand and cross-functional teams including: Commercial Analytics and Forecasting, Sales Analytics and Operations, and Global Analytics and Insights to deliver actionable insights for Gilead Oncology teams and products.
Our Sr Director will be responsible for creating an environment in which the team is highly-motivated and engaged, working together (and cross-functionally) to deliver exceptional results, and ensure long-term success.Specific Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Lead, manage, and grow a high performing team that demonstrates strong market research competencies with healthcare providers and consumers and delivers results.
- Lead market research strategy, planning, vendor contracts and manage the CSI Oncology budget.
- Engages with key US marketing and cross-functional stakeholders to develop and execute market research to shape the strategies and tactics critical to successfully meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate experience generating superior customer market research insights, individually and through direct reports, to provide a competitive advantage.
- Ensure team provides oncology expertise and consulting advice in areas of critical business need including identification of optimal pre- and post-launch brand strategies and marketing tactics.
- Demonstrates broad cross functional leadership. Manage cross-functional collaboration processes to ensure development of insightful market research plans that systematically and holistically address brands' strategic objectives and tactical requirements.
- Represent Oncology CSI function at appropriate senior level meetings and make recommendations to advance the portfolio based on a sound knowledge of the marketplace.
- Shares best practices across market research and brand marketing teams and fosters agility and continuous improvement within the group to address emerging and shifting priorities of the commercial business.
- Direct activities to support the professional development of the Oncology team and support recruitment and employee retention to achieve best in industry capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, standards and procedures in every interaction. Enforce compliance with guidelines and policies on marketing research interactions with physicians.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years' experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or related industry experience (*12 years' experience with an advanced degree)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in market research field and previous oncology experience is required.
- Demonstrated successful leadership, management, and development of teams responsible for market research. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical sales and marketing practices, product lifecycle management and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large cross-functional initiatives, as well as influence laterally and vertically.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities based on changing business needs, as well as ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, communication and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of primary qualitative and quantitative market research techniques and their optimal uses to inform business decisions.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among diverse cross functional stakeholders.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Commercial-Strategic-Insights--Oncology_R0020650-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency