Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
This position will be part of Pharmaceutical Research and Development which is working on using genes as medicines to treat rare genetic diseases, is developing formulations for advancing vaccines for deadly adolescent and adult infections and is progressing antibody based therapies for rare diseases and oncology. The candidate will lead the development, scale-up and transfer of parenteral formulations and manufacturing processes for various biologics modalities such as gene therapies, monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, proteins, and vaccines. This is a project-based position performing formulation and process development activities for biotherapeutic molecules from pre-clinical and Ph I clinical trials through manufacturing process performance qualification, license application and commercialization. ROLE SUMMARY
This position will be part of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. The candidate will participate in the formulation and process development, scale-up and transfer of biotherapeutic formulations and manufacturing processes. This position will be responsible for performing analytical characterization of candidate molecules by using various biophysical and biochemical characterization techniques. This is a laboratory based position performing formulation and process development activities specifically for biotherapeutics candidates from pre-clinical and Ph I clinical trials through manufacturing process performance qualification, license application and commercialization. Furthermore this position will assist in developing processes for drug product manufacturing, responsible for data compilation, data presentations and report writing.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of Senior Associate Scientist position include but are not limited to:
- Participate in developing parenteral formulations for biotherapeutic modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, proteins, gene therapies and vaccines. Participate in developing and defining novel formulations for protein therapeutics products. This position will be responsible to assist in developing manufacturing processes (under general supervision).
- Perform rapid, comprehensive characterization of candidate molecules to determine the stability profile and applying this information to develop an appropriate dosage form to meet clinical needs. This will be achieved by applying various biophysical and biochemical techniques such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), and imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE).
- The incumbent will assist in the development and scale-up of processes from bench top to pilot scale and, as required, technology transfer to commercial plants.
Additional Posting Information
- B.S. in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering,Pharmacy, Biochemistry,Bioengineering,Biotechnology,Biology, Biomedical engineeringand 2-4 years industry or equivalent experience.
- M.S. in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/BiochemicalEngineering,Pharmacy, Biochemistry,Bioengineering,Biotechnology,Biology, Biomedical Engineering
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 1, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development