Sr. Event Planner, Medical Affairs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Senior Event Planner
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This position is located at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA., OR REMOTE
- Lead logistical pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation.
- Effectively negotiate contracts for hotels, venues and vendors.
- Plan, select and manage all food and beverage for events (hotels, caterers, restaurants, etc.).
- Source and oversee vendors for all production and audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Develop and manage project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Interface with internal marketing teams and external vendors to schedule projects, keep projects on track and meet deadlines with successful outcomes.
- Produce pre-event communications (including websites and onsite materials), and post-event analysis including event analytics, identify gaps and areas of opportunities, and drive recommendations for change to streamline and improve overall efficiencies.
- Registration management (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges).
- Organizes and plans logistics for Medical Affairs advisory programs, Medical Scientist post-conference debriefs, annual departmental meetings, and other events for Gilead attendees.
- Attends events to ensure catering, travel, audio-visual, meeting space, and off-site dinners operate as planned
- Coordinates senior management approval of nominations from Medical Affairs to attend scientific conferences
- Evaluate and update or establish procedures relating to SOP maintenance around key activities for events to improve overall efficiencies, streamline execution and measure effectiveness.
- May lead the roll-out of new applications, tools, and processes to end-users
- Manage planning meetings that involve cross-functional teams
- Works directly with internal stakeholders, staff, and external vendors to ensure logistical aspects of meetings meet expectations
- Budget responsibilities includes initiating purchase orders, check requests, and honorariums, tracking event budget, reconciling budget post event and reporting expenses per Legal requirements
- Ensures individual vendor adherence to relevant industry code and regulations as part of event planning.
- Execute RFPs, venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Vendor management to ensure vendor deliverables and timelines are successfully met to expectation.
- Negotiates contracts and terms of service with vendors
- Conducts site visits to evaluate vendor services and venues according to internal standards
- Mentor less experienced employees on event planning, logistics and project management.
- Will also have responsibility for strategic projects that impact the broader team and organization.
- Provides on-going and ad hoc training on functional processes and policies to external groups and departments
- Works independently under the general guidance of the manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrate developing skills within analytical expertise, influence and initiative:
- Initiative within planning and proactivity - operates outside the scope of expectations and is pro-active in taking on additional cross-functional responsibilities to improve efficiencies within the respective conferences and meeting management.
- Strategic thinking - demonstrates strategic orientation by recognizing simpler patterns in complex situations and projecting outcome.
- Pro-actively identifies gaps and increases efficiencies in current standard operating processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools such as financial management, work order management, mobile app technologies and Cvent.
- Must have demonstrated excellence in events management/planning/coordination, negotiating vendor contracts, and managing vendors
- Must have demonstrated excellence in managing multiple, simultaneous, complex projects
- Must have demonstrated excellence in providing customer service and establishing effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external key stakeholders
- Must have demonstrated excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of Gilead products and all relevant departmental and corporate policies and processes
- Must have demonstrated excellence in working independently under pressure
- Must have demonstrated success in supervising the tasks of more junior employees
- Must have experience in giving formal presentations to internal groups or departments
- 5 years of related experience and a BS or BA degree in Event Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management or equivalent - strongly preferred.
- Significant meeting and event management experience required.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), preferred.
- Resourceful, self-starter.
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks and calm under pressure.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and perform weekend work, as needed for the position.
- Biotech/pharmaceutical experience a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Event-Planner--Medical-Affairs_R0021936-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency