Sr Medical Scientist /Director, Medical Sciences
China - BeijingChina - Shanghai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Generate therapeutic, customer, and market insights - have the therapeutic expertise, understand the needs of OLs and uncover the important local scientific issues, opportunities and required actions
- Be the scientific leader in the field to continue to train and monitor the MS scientific understanding of Gilead therapeutic products
- Provide on-going coaching and oversight of MSs to ensure timely, accurate, and succinct communication of scientific evidence on Gilead products and related disease states
- Establish team and individual goals and objectives (including both quantitative and qualitative measures) and implement processes to routinely monitor progress. These processes include: Account and OL coverage and planning, metrics review, MS activities prioritization, and field visits
- Support the creation and execution of the MA POA in collaboration with MA leadership
- Successful integration of the MS roles within each Medical Scientist's assigned geography and accounts including appropriate coordination with the Commercial teams.
- Coordination of MS participation in Gilead advisory boards, symposia and educational programs, and conference planning
- Excellent operational execution, driving the development, deployment and appropriate use of field-based technologies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of in-bound data requirements
- Manage for operational excellence including goal setting, budget management, ensuring timely and accurate completion of MS timesheets, submission of expense reports, recording of OL interactions, and required training
- Frequent travel required, occasionally with short notice
- Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and act upon these to resolve them in a collaborative manner
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams within a matrix organization
- Must also perform duties of an individual contributor in addition to managerial responsibilities
- Works independently with minimal direct supervision and has substantial autonomy
- Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD, MBBS, PhD or Pharmacy) with experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field is strongly preferred.
- Typically requires 6+ years of relevant experience that could include clinical, academic, or prior industry-related roles
- Previous work as a medical science liaison and management/supervisory experience is highly desirable
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Beijing/Assoc-Director-Director--Medical-Sciences_R0022124-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency