Director, Scientific Publications, Oncology - REMOTE OR Foster City, CA
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Director, Scientific Publications, Oncology
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead is hiring a Director level experienced, well organized professional, who will develop, implement and manage observational research strategies and tactics to demonstrate the value of pipeline and inline products in Oncology.
This position is located at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA., OR REMOTEDirector Scientific Publications responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, maintain and execute Global Publication Plan (GPP) for Gilead oncology late-stage and marketed products in collaboration with Clinical Research, Commercial, DevOps, HEOR and Medical Affairs.
- Lead global publication team meetings and facilitate decision-making on publication strategy
- Recommend author decisions based on experience and knowledge of publication landscape (eg, selection of appropriate journals and congresses)
- Ensure regional and local publication needs are identified and addressed in the GPP
- Utilize companywide system for planning and execution of company-produced publications, and provide real-time publication-related reports and metrics
- Manage external publication vendors for publication planning and scientific platform development
- Oversee publication development and timely execution of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts per GPP
- Ensure compliance with Gilead publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working successfully with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic input to senior leadership and influence decision making
- Strong computer and database skills (Datavision knowledge a plus)
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies (eg, ISMPP)
- Attend key scientific congresses and meetings for the TA to ensure accurate and appropriate presentation of Gilead scientific evidence
- Travel as required (up to 20%)
Doctorate degree (PhD, MD, PharmD) and 8 years of publication planning, writing, medical affairs, medical communications, clinical or medical information experience
Master's degree and 10 years of publication planning, writing, medical affairs, medical communications, clinical or medical information experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Oncology experience preferred
- CMPP certification preferred
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, good publication practices, Sunshine Act/Pharma Code of Conduct, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and organizational, time management, and project management/planning skills
- Experience leading critical functional or cross-functional initiatives
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Scientific-Publications--Oncology---REMOTE-OR-Foster-City--CA_R0022115-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency