Administrative Coordinator to VP Commercial FP&A / Commercial Teams
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
[' About us Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Administrative Coordinator to VP Commercial FP&A / Commercial Teams The Administrative Coordinator will support the USA Commercial Finance FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) teams and functional Leads, with primary support for the VP lead (~25 employees).Responsibilities:
Events, Meeting & Travel Preparation and general tasks:
- Understand the goals and objectives of FP&A to contribute to its attainment and to help implement them into the culture of the department.
- Resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to provide backfill support.
- Strategically analyze business operational processes by gathering data to implement solutions; streamline procedures and update policies as needed. Strong organizational skill is required.
- Experienced and comfortable dealing with high level executives as well as others in a professional manner. Customer service oriented. Proactively helpful and supportive to all stakeholders. Can do attitude. Solutions oriented, while providing clear justifications. Work under minimal supervision; while receiving occasional direction from manager to perform non-routine job responsibilities and duties.
- Provide full range of administrative support for the Vice President and the Commercial team leads;
- Proactively maintain daily calendars for VP. Manage scheduling changes and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Effectively prioritize workload and independently resolve conflicts related to meeting multiple deadlines.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement large number of events, including catering, of various types and sizes, such as department meetings, team building events and other meetings.
- Organize travel arrangements, prepare full travel agenda, and include pertinent travel/event material package for VP.
- Schedule interviews, which may include travel arrangements for non-local candidates.
- Proactively coordinate and prepare PowerPoint slides for meetings as requested.
- Efficiently manage multiple ad hoc projects of various sizes, while delivering results within timeline.
- Capability and willingness to do more - whether that's supporting SVP/EVP in the future or going into project management type roles in the business.
- Cross functional support for FP&A.
- Bachelors' Degree, or Associates Degree and 2+ years of experience, or High School Diploma and 3+ years' administrative experience, preferably supporting an Executive Director or VP level and above.
- The ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy is a must.
- Strong project management and multitasking skill is required;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, a collaborative approach, and the ability to work well with others.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Administrative-Coordinator-to-VP-Commercial-FP-A---Commercial-Teams_R0022090
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency