Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a full-time night-shift triage Registered School Nurse (RN) to join an amazing team to provide acute and comprehensive health care to students from Pre-K to 12th grade. The unique and child-centered structure of MHS's Health Services programs enables nurses to focus where their heart is - on student/patient care. We have on campus a 24/7/365 health center facility with 40-bed infirmary and 3 school medical clinics with state-of-the art equipment serving more than 1900 students!
At MHS, we seek to educate the whole child. We care about providing comprehensive health and wellness programs for our students. These include free medical, dental & psychological care. MHS is a culture of excellence and collaboration, dedicated to student health and success.
This is a year-round full-time night shift position with hours from 3:00 pm to 3:30 am and every other weekend (Saturday/Sundays - 36 hours) in the Health Center. The additional 4 hours per week will be scheduled to cover departmental needs at the school clinics (3) and/or at the school Health Center.
MHS nurses are represented by Milton Hershey Education Association (MHEA). In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
* PA Registered Nurse License required, Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
* Minimum of two years nursing experience, physical assessment, primary pediatric, school health and/or emergency nursing, and counseling skills
* Valid license to practice as a registered nurse in PA, required
* Valid PA Driver's license in good standing
* Ability and willingness to be flexible regarding the work schedule is essential
* Current CPR certification and advanced first aid training
* School Nurse Certification a plus
* Candidates should demonstrate high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for the MHS Students
* Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities
* Spanish fluency a plus.