The Harriet Tubman Charter School is a K-8 performance-based public charter school created to serve the children of the Southeast Bronx. Our instructional team is dedicated to promoting the educational achievements of our children through a relentless focus on high academic standards for all.
The Harriet Tubman Charter School is designed to help students become leaders who read, think, write, and communicate at high levels. Our mission is to prepare our children for success throughout their college years and beyond.
We have a robust professional development program and offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are currently seeking certified teaching professionals to join our team for the 2021-2022 school year:
- General Education (Elementary and Middle School)
- Special Education (Elementary and Middle School)
- Dance (Elementary School)
Compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Benefits include: Paid Time-Off, Short-term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefit Program, Membership in Teacher's Retirement System of NYC, Health, Vision, Dental
- Bachelor's Degree
- A master's degree is highly preferred
- New York State Teacher Certification
- The ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
- Experience teaching in under-served areas a plus
Teaching: 1 year
Harriet Tubman Charter School (HTCS) is an equal opportunity employer. HTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.