Rani Therapeutics has developed a disruptive technology, RaniPillTM capsule that facilitates the oral delivery of biologics. Working at Rani Therapeutics involves taking a multi-disciplinary approach based on traditional device technologies such as mechanical engineering and material science in combination with pharma-centric disciplines such as physiology, pharmacology, chemistry and protein therapeutics. This unique environment allows Rani Therapeutics to address the most complex, unsolved problem of oral biologics delivery. The Research scientist plays a pivotal role in our R & D department on novel projects involving drug-device combinations for treating chronic diseases with the potential to dramatically impact patient outcomes.
Education and/or Job Experience
- Designs and undertakes high quality scientific experimentation resulting in formulation and process development of parenteral dosage forms
- Designs novel device component subassemblies for a novel device pill that support immediate and sustained release of biologics
- Assesses the chemical and physical stability of formulations in collaboration with analytical department
- Identifies appropriate stability, manufacturability, and performance issues.
- Oversees tech transfer from R&D to Manufacturing
- Interprets scientific data to derive clear conclusions and contribute to the direction for future work.
- Communicates effectively to the project team and present data at team meetings.
- Maintains high quality documentation of all activities in notebooks, reports as required.
- Keeps up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
Skills and Specifications
- Ph.D./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related fields.
- Must have 3+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology research experience.
- Title will be commensurate with experience
- Experience in working with drug-device combination products is a plus
- Experience of working in GLP/GMP regulated environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.