The Nurse Manager Clinic supervises and coordinates a specialty nursing program or office. Also provides clinical expertise, coordination of care, and education for patients, physicians, nursing agencies, pharmacists, insurance case managers, and hospital based case managers in order to enhance and facilitate patient care.
Experience: 2 years clinical RN experience and Previous charge nurse exp
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Skills: Proficient in the English language verbal, written and on the computer
Licensure: Current Louisiana State or Multi State license as RN and BLS certification-American Heart Association
Leadership and Supervision
* Assists in the effective hiring and training process for department staff
* Assigns and monitors staff work and work schedules according to department policy
* Maintains appropriate data on employee attendance for payroll/ATM
* Maintains appropriate data on employee performance for counseling and performance review
* Address employee behavioral issues timely and effectively
* Demonstrates ability to coach and mentor staff
* Participates in or completes performance review process in a timely and effective manner
* Facilitates patient throughput in the admission/discharge/transfer process
* Serves as a clinical resource to staff
* Coordinates and communicates critical information related to risk issues, guest service issues or other need to know information with administration, risk management, medical management, medical staff, and patient advocates
Clinical Practice and Care Management
* Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data
* Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning. Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ ethical/ spiritual needs.
* Participates in the planning of routine transitional health care needs. (i.e. treatment options patient placement options, end of life options)
* Responds to changes in patient's needs and provides holistic care using independent clinical judgement based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
* Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content. Integrates education during the delivery of patient care. Collaborates with patients/ families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
* Ensures efficiency in the delivery of care and determines immediate priorities and offers solution for problems.
* Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict. Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
* Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
* Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in the plan of care.
* Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards. Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
Communication, Collaboration, Quality, Professional Development
* Consistently communicates/collaborates with the health care team members, patients and families to maximize patient outcomes.
* Appropriately delegates patient care activities to other health care team members and participates in making and revising staff assignments to achieve maximum productivity
* Maintains knowledge regarding unit initiatives and incorporates the outcomes of the team/ committees work into practice.
* Participates on unit teams, work groups and/ or committees. Anticipates needs and voluntarily assists others.
* Demonstrates knowledge of unit-based quality improvement initiatives.
* Ensures quality improvement initiatives are followed by utilizing standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
* Incorporates evidence-based practice and research findings into nursing practice to enhance outcomes.
* Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to health care team members; displays leadership behaviors.
* Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year's goals.
* Accountable for all documentation and completion of all required continuing education and competencies relevant to area of practice as defined by clinical management.
* Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
* Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills in critical thinking, decision-making, and problem solving.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Location: Our Lady of the Lake · 85HCCS6100 School Nursing
Schedule: Full-Time , Days, 7a-4p