For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Scientist I, In Vitro for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled scientist to work within the In Vitro ADME team to perform and oversee the bioanalysis of small molecules in ADME assay samples. The responsibilities of this position will include supervising a small team of bioanalytical scientists. The instrumentation includes both conventional LC-MS/MS instruments along with high-speed instruments to support high-throughput bioanalysis to meet the discovery needs of our clients. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and optimizing processes to ensure efficiency and data quality. This individual will collaborate closely with colleagues within the group and also with other departments within the site.
Successful candidates in this position will:
* Possess strong interpersonal skills with strong scientific curiosity, initiative and resourcefulness
* Possess exceptional organizational and planning skills enabling management of multiple, concurrent tasks & priorities
* Prior direct experience in the hands-on bioanalysis of in vitro assay samples, preferably in the in vitro ADME and metabolite areas
* Prior experience and demonstrated competencies in a variety of analytical separation techniques, including liquid chromatography (UPLC and high-speed such as ADDA/RapidFire)
* Prior experience and demonstrated competencies in a variety of detection techniques, including triple quadrupole MS/MS and high resolution MS (preferably Sciex and Thermo).
* Careful attention to detail and the accurate, organized and timely documentation of study data and report generation
* Team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
* Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
The following are minimum requirements related to the Principal Scientist I, In Vitro position.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D. preferred.
* Experience: Minimum of 6 years previous directly related laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Other: Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities. Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines under minimal direction. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations. Proficiency in the use of analytical instrumentation software with the ability to troubleshoot for routine and non-routine work. Experience with LIMS systems is desired.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.