At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist for Discovery Bioanalytical Team located in Mattawan, MI.
The Associate Scientist in Discovery Bioanalytical is responsible for developing LC-MS/MS bioanalytical methods and serve as internal expert on establishing and overseeing equipment/platform to support bioanalytical methods, qualifying methods, and analyzing sample according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and regulations. Individuals in this role demonstrate expertise in their field, lead others through scientific mentorship, complete assigned projects on time, and communicate effectively. An Associate Scientist is expected to work independently, participate in process improvement initiatives, may supervise others.
The following are the minimum requirements related to the Associate Scientist position.
* PhD in a relevant field and 0-2 years of relevant experience; or
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in a relevant field and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or
* HS/GED/Associate degree and 10+ or more years of relevant experience
* Experience in LC-MS/MS bioanalysis method development workflows
* Technical proficiency in operation and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation including chromatography and mass spectrometry systems (HPLC: Waters Acquity, Agilent, Shimadzu Nexera; Mass Spectrometer: Sciex 5000 & 6500 etc.)
* Proficient using laboratory software applications (i.e., LIMS and data acquisition software).
* Working knowledge of industry guidance documents.
* Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Care - We show we care when we respect each other, our animals and the communities where we work and live, when we create a positive healthy workplace, when we are mindful of our compliance standards, and when we choose to do the right thing.
Own - We act like owners when we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, when we respond to internal and external client needs with speed and accuracy, when we set and achieve meaningful goals, and when we strive towards continuous improvement.
Lead - We lead when we advocate our purpose and model our values, when we deliver innovation, when we embrace change, and when we appreciate and celebrate the great work of others.
Collaborate -We collaborate when we partner with each other and promote teamwork, when we communicate clearly and effectively across the hall or around the globe, and when we welcome all forms of diversity and encourage inclusiveness.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.