For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Research Scientist 1 - DMPK Bioanalytical for our growing Discovery site located in South San Francisco, CA.
Serve as scientific team member conducting routine analysis of small molecules and biotherapeutics in complex biological matrices. Responsible for providing quantitative analysis, developing new analytical methods and data interpretation of various biological samples using LC-MS/MS and enzyme-based immunoassays.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
* Develop, perform, and troubleshoot bioanalytical laboratory experiments, tests, and procedures
* Function as the primary contact for the planning and execution of Sponsor interaction related to research and method development, and for the design, scheduling, conduct and reporting of studies.
* Ensure raw data is accurate, complete and in appropriate order to meet protocols and SOP specifications.
* Prepare high quality final reports appropriate for the study including method development, qualification, and sample analysis reports.
* Assist with the oversight of the laboratory and mentor junior staff in areas such as protocol interpretation, method development and refinement, study-related problem resolution, and technique validation.
* Perform troubleshooting on analytical instrumentation including chromatography and mass spectrometry systems.
* Aid in the development and communication of departmental systems, SOPs, policies, and procedures.
* May attend and present at scientific meetings.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates in this position will:
* Very strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Capable of designing experiments, generating data and interpreting results independently
* Able to provide basic level of leadership to junior research associates
* Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues at various levels
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
* Understand the importance of project timelines and be objective driven
* Understand general laboratory management and laboratory safety
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Scientist 1 - DMPK Bioanalytical position.
* Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D. preferred.
* Experience: Minimum of 6 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry. Minimum of 3 years of theoretical and hands on experience with mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography is essential. Experience with enzyme-based immunoassays and/or protein chromatography is an asset.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Other: Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and analytical instrumentation software
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.