What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Cath Lab
Full-Time - Day Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our team of Registered Nurses and provide the highest level of care. Experience the highest level of appreciation.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our nationally recognized facility features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you'll experience:
* A supportive and collaborative work environment
* A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
* Work Life Balance: You'll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
* Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
Experience the appreciation you deserve.
General Summary This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at BWMC who have greater than (>) 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Strives to provide an environment where patients, families, and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold the Service Standards of the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
Under limited supervision, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment of patients including the development, evaluation and modification of the plan of care. The RN interprets and performs complex patient-care procedures specific to their area of expertise. RN's are members of the Care Team and Support Team and have accountability to function as a team to accomplish patient outcomes identified in the pathway/plan of care. The Registered Nurse is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for care given to a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN provides care to those patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/technology, and other healthcare team member, according to established standards. Patients served include all age groups (Infant through Older Adult as identified in Performance Standards).
What You Need to Be Successful:
Minimum Education Requirements
* An Associate Degree in Nursing is required; Bachelor of Science from a College of Nursing is preferred.
* Current Maryland RN licensure is required prior to beginning orientation.
* At least 1 year of RN experience is required.
* Professional Certification is highly encouraged.
* Employees hired on or after July 1, 2018 will be required to complete a Bachelor of Science from a College of Nursing within 5 years from the date of hire or transfer into a Clinical Nursing position.
* If there is gap in applied nursing experience of 5 years or more successful completion of a refresher course within past 6 months is required.
* American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire
* Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, ACLS, NRP)
* Maintains all Clinical Nurse I core expectations
* Competent evaluation with successful passing of probation; current on all mandatory classes/training.
* Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care unit, infusion, maternal, psychatric, psychiatric, surgery, surgical, transitional