- POSITION PURPOSE (RESPONSIBILITY)
Perform QC Analytical testing of raw materials, stability samples, bulk and finished products in compliance with all regulatory standards for Cosmetic, Skincare and OTC products (e.g. anti-acne, Sunscreens, etc).
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Perform analytical tests using approved test methods, standard, compendia.
- Review of daily instrument calibration and verifications, review of logbooks.
- Review testing with R&D, schedule workload, review OOS
- Problem solve with supervisor regarding OOS results, discuss additional testing, operation of equipment, meeting to share ideas.
- Review NCRs prior to submission to Lab Manager, check calculations, possible cause with review of batch records.
- Assist with quality and environmental health and safety audits
- Assist with investigation of quality issues such customer complaints, reject production, quality incidents
- Management of the development of testing methods and protocols
- Assist in the management of chemical and consumable stocks
- Maintain USP/NF Compendia, CFR, Codex, BAM and ISO Stds
Bachelor's degree or Associate degree in Chemistry or related field.Required Knowledge
GMP, GLP, Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action Planning ToolsExperience Required
- Laboratory management experience preferred, with experience in Cosmetic or Pharmaceuticals desired.
- 1-2+ years Quality Control Analytical Lab experience with HPLC, GC, ICP-OES, UV-VIS, Karl Fischer, etc
- Good interpersonal and written communication.
- Flexible, ability to multitask and designate.
- Good Organizational Skills.
- Ability to Teach/ Train employees.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance paid by the Company
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching, 100% vested after 6 month.