For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Scientist for or our Method Development Bioanalytical Team site located in Mattawan, MI.
The following are responsibilities related to the Scientist:
This position is responsible for the development or oversight of the development of methods to quantify chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or GxP regulations. This individual demonstrates expertise in the use of instrumentation and laboratory techniques and effectively applies his/her experience and knowledge to participate and lead method development.This individual contributes to the department by working independently, leading others, completing assigned projects on time, participating in process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with others. This individual may function as a Principal Investigator or Study Director, responsible for the development and execution of validation and sample analysis protocols/plans in accordance with company standard operating procedures (SOPs), industry regulatory guidelines (GxP), and budgetary guidelines.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Scientist position:
* PhD in relevant field and 2-5 years of relevant experience (preferred); or
* Master's/Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 7-10 years of relevant experience (preferred); or
* HS/GED/Associates and 15+ years of relevant experience (preferred).
* Proficient using laboratory software applications and LIMS.
* Expert knowledge of GxPs and industry guidance documents.
* Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to work under specific time constraints.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.