Hiring Range: $17.43 - $20.92/Hourly
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED POSITION.
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position will fulfill critical tasks that will are essential in achieving the established goals of the NIH funded research concerning the genetics of addiction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts surgeries on jugular or other vascular surgery for sterile catheter implantation in small animals and in the administration of anesthetics and post-operative care.
- Assists with Stereotaxic brain surgery for guide cannulae implantation and microinfusions into selective brain regions.
- Perform brain sectioning and light microscopy.
- Provides assistance during non-survival surgeries on rodents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in one of the sciences. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of research laboratory experience; OR Master's Degree will be accepted in lieu of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard methods of analysis in the research field.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of compilation and analysis of research and statistical data.
- Ability to interpret results and translate into recommendations.
- Ability to oversee all laboratory maintenance on a day-by-day basis.
- Assists with collecting and depositing data.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position may be occasionally required to work evenings.