Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) of Pfizer is seeking to hire an expert in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. We aim to recruit a dynamic, innovative and motivated senior scientist to provide state-of-the-art proteomic expertise to support projects across the different research units at Kendall Square. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing proteomic experiments as well as for developing LC-MS based proteomics methods. Approaches include, but are not limited to, proteomics, phosphoproteomics, interaction proteomics, targeted proteomics and chemoproteomics. Close collaboration with different research units and partner-lines to design experiments is required.
The senior scientist will join a state-of-the-art laboratory with comprehensive expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. This position requires bioanalytical expertise, a solid background in proteomics, data analysis and protein biochemistry, a proven track record in proteomics and deep knowledge of high resolution mass spectrometry instruments (i.e. Q Exactive HF and Lumos) and nano HPLC systems. Expertise with TimsTOF and triple quadrupole instruments is preferable, but not required.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform custom proteomic, phosphoproteomic (and other post translational modifications), interaction proteomic, and targeted proteomics experiments.
- Independently develop, optimize, and validate new LC/MS methods.
- Use, maintain, and troubleshoot high resolution mass spectrometers (Thermo Q Exactive HF and Lumos) and nano LC instruments. Similar experience with the Bruker TimsTOF instruments is preferred, but not required.
- Independently conceptualize, design, and conduct proteomic experiments (including experimental design, data collection, interpretation, and presentation).
- Apply open source and vendor-developed software for data analysis, visualization and interpretation (e.g., Max Quant, Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, Fragger, etc.)
- Present research findings to Pfizer colleagues and the scientific community through publication in peer-reviewed journals and talks and posters at scientific meetings.
- Ensure that all research/discovery work is conducted with highest quality and ethical guidelines and in accordance with relevant regulatory, QC, and compliance guidelines.
- Maintenance of laboratory records and adherence to safety policies.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biology or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of research experience in academia and/or industry in proteomics/mass spectrometry.
- Expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, including proteome profiling, PTM, protein-protein interaction, chemoproteomics, etc.
- Experience in targeted proteomics (PRM/SRM) or Data independent acquisition (DIA) is strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of statistics as it applies to experimental design and ability to conduct data analysis using software (e.g. Perseus, GraphPad Prism, etc).
- Experience with a scripting language (R, Python, etc) is strongly preferred.
- Work independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Communicate results effectively to a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate available data and to think creatively in experimental design.
- Track record of methodological innovation.
- Record of scientific accomplishments, as indicated by peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multiple projects in parallel with learning agility and scientific rigor.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with scientists working in other disciplines.
Lifting, sitting, bending, standing, walking, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysesOther Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusSunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development