Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The primary purpose of this position is to design, plan, and execute the diverse purification / recovery operations required for the production of the various vaccine candidates. These include development of scalable purification processes for native and recombinant proteins (soluble, membrane-embedded) using broad range of fractionation methods (centrifugation, ultra / diafiltration, etc.), and chromatographic techniques (affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, immobilized metal, and mixed mode chromatography). Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations, where applicable.How You Will Achieve It
- Develop, optimize, and scale-up recovery/purification processes for isolation of vaccine candidates up to pilot plant scale.
- Continuously evaluate each process and technique to assess its robustness, suitability and scalability. If necessary, introduce required modifications and improvements.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Fermentation, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups.
- Present problems and propose solutions in discussions with group members. Offer insights based on experience to group members to help solve existing problems.
- Plan and prioritize related recovery / purification activities.
- Coordinate purification activity support and serve as a point person for the Process Development group when required.
- Independently analyze, interpret, and provide conclusion and present experimental data.
- Author and review purification procedures and reports.
- Represent the process development group in relevant project sub team meetings, as required. Maintain detailed records and keep management informed as to the progress or issues.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review. Utilize new technologies and establish those technologies to improve purification / recovery capabilities of process development group.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Satisfactorily complete all GLP and safety training in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Perform timely notebook entries and review for completed experiments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and ability to independently design, plan, and execute purification / recovery activities. These should also include the ability to operate and maintain relevant instruments, resolve technical problems related to instruments, and execution of analytical / biophysical characterization methods.
- Proficiency and ability to utilize various techniques such as FPLC / HPLC, UV-Vis, CD, fluorescence spectroscopy to isolate and, when necessary, characterize purified vaccine candidates.
- Independently analyze and provide conclusions regarding experimental data generated
- May also lead / direct junior colleagues within the group and facilitate scheduling of related activities to complete assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 9+ years of experience
- Expertise and hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry/FACS, immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, ELISA, and cell culture techniques such as spheroid cultures/3D assays
- Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using multi-color flow cytometry
- Broad experience in assessing T cell and/or Defined Contribution function, differentiation, and memory development
- Technical knowledge of cancer biology and oncogenic signaling pathways
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's degree or PhD and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in cancer research, tumor microenvironment biology, immunology, or related fields, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable
- Specific expertise in the study of cell cycle related Cyclin Dependent Kinases including direct assessments of cellular activity, localization and interaction with their molecular networks
Relocation support available
Last Date to Apply for Job: June 25th, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development