Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
Pfizer is currently developing COVID-19 and influenza vaccines based on mRNA technology as well as vaccines using other approaches.
The individual will work in the next generation of RNA vaccines and other modalities. This is a laboratory-based position in the Viral Vaccines group (Research).ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands-on experience with a range of molecular biology techniques, especially those related to nucleic acids. (PCR, molecular cloning, nucleic acid purification, electrophoresis, Sanger or NGS, etc...)
- Previous experience working with in-vitro transcribed RNA and well as RNA purification is a must.
- Experience in standard cell culture as well as primary cell culture techniques under BSL2 conditions including but not limited to transfection, electroporation and generation of reporter cell lines...etc.
- Analysis of protein expression in cells using western blot, immunofluorescence and flow cytometry among other techniques.
- Ability to analyze data, design experiments, interpret data and present complex concepts to other team members. As part of this role, it is expected that the individual will interact with other members of the Viral Vaccine group as well as with members of other departments.
- Assist in ordering supplies, prepare reagents and maintain a detailed inventory of all existing material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stay current on all departmental and corporate training
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with 7+ years of research experience, or BS with 9+ years of laboratory research experience.
- The capacity to work effectively in a team-oriented environment with aggressive timelines and excellence in multitasking.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments.
- Experience in immunological and virology methods for measuring responses to vaccines and vaccine efficacy in pre-clinical studies and clinical trials is highly desirable. These include but are not limited to Luminex assays, ELISAs, neutralization assays and plaque assays.
- Proficiency in the use of Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software including graphing/statistical analysis tools is expected.
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative desire to answer scientific questions
- Industry experience is preferred
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench and at an office desk using a computer.The job involves lifting relatively light loads, not more than 10 pounds.Other Job Details:
- Eligible for employee referral programs: YES
- Eligible for relocation support: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development