Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The qualified candidate will take an active role in supporting drug development by applying a variety of analytical methodologies to support physical and chemical characterization of drug substances (including raw materials and intermediates) and drug products.How You Will Achieve It
- Performing laboratory work in support of analytical testing of pharmaceutical projects with some experience in any of the following analytical methodologies: chromatography, KF, particle size, dissolution, or mass spectrometry.
- Collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts to assess the most appropriate analytical approach to support project activities, including use of computational predictive tools, modelling software and data visualization tools where appropriate.
- Responsible for analytical method development and validation, stability and release testing as well as testing to support pharmaceutical development efforts
- Document experimental results and collaborate with project team members for the presentation and critical review of data, prepare technical reports and evaluation of new instrumentation or analytical techniques.
- The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The individual should also be proficient with a wide-variety of software and information systems.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge and the ability to operate analytical techniques such as HPLC-MS, GC-MS, spectroscopy and physical techniques such as particle size, dissolution, used for the characterization of pharmaceutical substances and products is desired.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Chemistry
- 2+ years of experience
- Effective communication skills
Other Job Details:
- Master's Degree with 0-2 years of experience with a concentration in Chemistry.
- Industrial experience in a GMP lab environment.
- The ability to use computational predictive tools, modelling software or data visualization tools.
- Ability to meet project milestones under general supervision, manage expectations for specific projects, ensure delivery of technology/transfer/submission-ready technology, data and documents.
- Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument trouble-shooting.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- Experience with a wide-variety of software and information systems (e.g. electronic lab notebooks, Empower and LIMS).
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development