Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will play an important role in a high-energy research laboratory. As an automation specialistyou willparticipate in the continuous improvement and operation of high-throughput integrated platforms composed of liquid handlers, Delfia reader and data capture software (Spotfire) for early antibody discovery. Work closely with Assay Development scientist to perform HT screens (HTS) and High Content screens (HCS), hit identification, and data analysis. Adapt bench level assays to full automation by developing automated workflows supporting biochemical, cellular, antibody binding and internalization assays.
Maintain automation systems and develop new protocols when needed. You will be directly, responsible for programming, operating and maintenance of HTS/HCS platforms. Proficiency in automation scheduling, data collection, data analysis, instrument calibration, maintenance and repairs per scientific and GxP standards is a must. Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to scientific and ethical standards and accurately documented in lab notebook.
Work closely with service engineers for repairs to ensure HTS/HCS uptime. Work closely with external vendors with regard to new technologies and instrumentationQualifications Must-Have
- BSc or MSc in engineering, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of research experience with the ability to succeed in a collaborative, highly matrixed environment.
- Experience in laboratory automation and robotic integration in high throughput screening.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in running HT screenings.
- Cell culture experience (primary and immortalized).
- A highly motivated, self-directed scientist with the demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage a number of projects.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Other Job Details:
- Knowledge and expertise in operating and programming integrated laboratory automation, BioMek, Tecan, and other liquid handling systems.
- Expertise in various High Content Screening (HCS) and High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms. Spotfire analysis.
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development