Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
This position is to perform molecular diagnostic assays to support vaccine clinical development in high-throughput settings. The responsibilities include but are not limited to performing manual and/or robotic molecular diagnostic assays, such as polymerase chain (PCR) assay. Other laboratory support activities include preparation of buffers, media, qualification of assay reagents, qualification and validation of assays and other duties assigned as necessary. The incumbent will work in a team setting and will share roles and responsibilities as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. The position requires keeping current on documentation related to sample testing and assay development activities. As an integral member of this dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members.
The incumbent uses good documentation practices, follows established safety policies and procedures and performs all work in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GCLP and/or GMP guidelines, as required.
Work is achieved by individual or through project teams, utilizing technical or subject matter expertise to achieve results. Requires relevant scientific education, skills, and knowledge. How You Will Achieve It
- Performs various molecular diagnostic assays in accordance with established protocols, in a timely and efficient manner as part of exploratory, developmental, qualification and clinical study throughput. May be asked to learn & perform other assays or tasks within the high-throughput area, as needed. These assays and tasks require attention to detail.
- Completes required documentation for laboratory work. This includes information and data organization/review.
- After proficiency is demonstrated and experience obtained, the incumbent may be asked to train, or assist in the training, of other new analysts on the test method(s).
- Participates in laboratory management by stocking supplies and reagents needed for daily laboratory operation.
- Present experimental results at group, and project meetings. Write progress reports, as necessary.
- Satisfactorily completes all GCLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with GCLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Nice To Have
- BS or equivalent degree, in a relevant field of science (immunology, bacteriology, or microbiology), and 0-2 years of experience.
- Exercises and builds basic team effectiveness skills (e.g., commitment, feedback, consensus management) within context of immediate work group.
- Has a good foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of a relevant scientific discipline.
- Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks; asks for guidance from other colleagues. Works under close supervision with frequent and regular review of achievement of results and methods used.
Other Job Details
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are desirable.
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development