Executive Director, HIV Marketing
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['The Executive Director, HIV Marketing will lead the marketing team for Gilead's $12Bn HIV treatment business.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of commercial success in the pharmaceutical industry. They should have a proven ability to provide strategic brand/portfolio management, team leadership, vision, and direction within a fast-moving, challenging, and dynamic commercial environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading, developing, and managing a team of marketing professionals
- Lead the strategic and tactical planning for HIV Treatment Marketing in support of continued leadership in the HIV treatment space
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues to ensure execution of the strategic plans
- Collaborate with Global Colleagues to align strategies and share best practices
- Create content and materials to deploy through a sales team and ensure clear focus and execution
- Lead a very significant Direct to Patient marketing effort
- Understand new ways to reach and engage with customers and consumers
- Effectively manage the Marketing budget
- Oversee all agency relationships and performance
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies
High School Degree and Eighteen Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Sixteen Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 14 years of pharmaceutical industry experience including expertise in marketing
- BA/BS degree required with an MBA or advanced scientific degree desired
- Knowledge and experience in HIV preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or workgroups as well as direct reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines
- Strategic capabilities with the ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting before executive staff
- Track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Sales/market research experience is preferable, though not required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--HIV-Marketing_R0022119-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency