PhD Position in Computer Vision / Differential Diagnostics for Dermatology (100%)
6 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a PhD candidate to join our research team with immediate effect or by mutual agreement for a collaboration project on medical image analysis between the University Hospital of Basel, the University of Basel and the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences School of Engineering in Winterthur.
We offer you
- You will develop a (full) body scanner working at different wavelengths (VIS, UV, NIR, Thermal)
- You will create an image database (VIS, UV, NIR, Thermal)
- You will develop and apply an AI-based tool to processed acquired images (VIS, UV, NIR, Thermal) to diagnose (skin) disease
- Your long term goal would be to predict disease
- You conduct state-of-the-art research in machine learning for medical image and text analysis together with the research teams involved
- You support our research team in proposal writing and the acquisition of new research projects
- Active involvement in teaching or supervision of student projects at Bachelor and Master level possible according to agreement
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering / Medical Informatics
- Excellent knowledge in computer vision / AI / deep learning
- Good analytical and conceptual skills and motivation to bring innovative systems to industrial maturity. This requires good programming competencies especially in Python
- Prior experience in research in computer vision and/or engineering would be a strong asset
- You are fluent in English and possess at least elementary knowledge of German. We expect willingness to learn German
- Readiness to travel between the labs in Basel and Winterthur
We offer you
- Interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment with flexible working hours
- Open-minded and dynamic corporate culture with a view towards achieving results
- You will be based at the University Hospital Basel/University of Basel in the team of Prof. Navarini and will work in close cooperation with Prof. Mathias Bonmarin at the ZHAW School of Engineering in Winterthur.
- Potential dual affiliation.
- Possibility to join the Data Science PhD network to get some credits.