The Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Switzerland, invites qualified candidates to apply for a PhD position in Biology/Immunology/Oncology. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team focusing on major signalling pathways in cancer and inflammation.
Main targets are stress kinases vital for metabolic control and immune checkpoint modulation in cancer therapy. The candidate will also be involved in the development of new bioactive molecules, a process supported by our team of chemists.
The working place of the successful candidate is the Department of Biomedicine at Mattenstrasse 28, 4057 Basel.We are looking for candidates with
We offer you
- An excellent basic formation in immunology, oncology, biology, biochemistry and/or molecular biology
- An interest in signal transduction in immunological/oncological processes
- Motivation to deliver high-quality research, data, and to publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to communicate and present in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary, international team
- Motivation to initiate, plan, implement projects and reach milestones with tight deadlines
University of Basel is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary will be based on the Swiss National Science Foundation PhD salary scheme.