We are currently searching for a Research Associate to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of complex procedures and techniques which may include (but are not limited to); cell culture, DNA analysis, DNA isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, gene cloning, manipulation of radioactive isotopes, ELISAs, western blotting, PCRs, mouse fungal infection models, mouse genotyping.
- Provide specialized scientific support, including participation on the design, planning, conduct, and evaluation of experiments involving the host immune responses to fungal pathogens
- Maintain accurate, daily records if experiments and results in pen in bound laboratory notebooks.
- Perform complex experiments to unveil the relationship between host immune response and target organ of fungal pathogens.
- Interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment with the Principal Investigator as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Master's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in biology or a related field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Demonstrates experience working in a laboratory environment at a BSL2 levels.
- Demonstrates experience in the rearing and maintenance of colonies of mosquitoes
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.