United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Department of Clinical Bioinformatics at Gilead is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to lead analysis of clinical trial genomics data. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to support clinical development programs in liver inflammation and/or infectious disease areas.Essential Functions
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Provide technical leadership in designing bioinformatics approaches to meet program objectives.
- Working across functions to design and execute data analysis plans, and to summarize actionable findings to support both exploratory research and new drug application activities.
- Curate and analyze genomics and protein assay data from patient samples and integrate with clinical data sets in order to support patient stratification and biomarker selection in clinical trials.
- Develop and validate the analysis workflow, software applications, and data warehouse to improve visualization, integration, and accessibility of complex clinical data.
- Own the design, development, and implementation of methods, processes and systems for the consolidation and analysis of genomics data sets.
- Keeps abreast of new analytic methodologies and technologies. Collaborates with functional business units to drive business solutions and direction.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, molecular biology, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field with strong hands-on experience in statistical modeling
- MS degree with molecular biology, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in genomic data analysis, industry experience preferred.
- Strategic thinker and outstanding team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in R/Bioconductor for the analysis of genomics data. Experience with Linux shell or python is a plus.
- Strong statistical background is a plus.
- Knowledge of biology in liver, infectious, or inflammatory diseases is a plus.
- Experience in cloud/distributed computing, GUI development or data visualization is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2489364&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.