Agriculture-Precision Technology, faculty, tenure trackMontana State University-Northern College of Technical Sciences is seeking a progressive, innovative, dedicated professional.
The Agricultural Technology faculty will participate in the Associate of Applied Science in Agriculture Technology, Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Operations Technology as well as supporting coursework for agriculture related minors. This position will also bring a strong emphasis in Precision Technology and will be instrumental in the development and delivery of coursework leading to an emphasis or Minor in Precision Technologies - Integrated Systems that support a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, Agricultural Operations Technology, Automotive Technology, Diesel Technology and Civil Engineering Technology as well as supporting coursework for other related majors and minors. Duties and Responsibilities
This position will require teaching approximately 24 semester credits related to Agriculture, GPS, GIS, data analytics, telematics, remote sensing, equipment service and maintenance and other agricultural and mechanical related subjects. Academic and career advising will be a responsibility associated with this position. In addition, the hire will be involved in curriculum development, program growth, program assessment and working with advisory boards. The position will also share responsibility for advising student professional groups and be active in the community as an ambassador for MSUN and the program. Academic responsibilities will also include serving on campus committees, involvement in campus activities and serving as an ambassador and collegiate member of the College of Technical Sciences. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in/or related to Agriculture, Precision Agriculture, or Integrated Technology Systems
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated strength in interpersonal skills and attributes and effective teaching
- Passion for agriculture, precision technology, remote sensing, etc.
- Teaching experience in Precision Agriculture, Agriculture, Integrated Technologies, and/or Remote Sensing
- Recent industry work experience with some background in integrated technologies and/or precision agriculture
- Master's degree or terminal degree in Agriculture, Precision Agriculture or closely aligned field
- Experience and willingness to embrace new technologies related to agriculture, remote sensing, precision agriculture
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Agriculture - Faculty Position, Location: Havre, MT - 59501