Job DescriptionGeorge Fox University
announces a part-time, adjunct instructor position in the Elementary Education Degree Completion program to begin in March of 2021. This instructor needs to bring expertise in the pedagogy of elementary mathematics, science, and STEAM.George Fox University
, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching in a virtual environment (students attend classes one night a week and one Saturday a month)
- Google Classroom and Canvas expertise highly recommended.
- Creating engaging and relevant assignments
- Providing timely feedback to students
- Responding to student concerns and questions
- Participating in the ELED Adjunct Training
- Collaborating with ELED team members to design and implement instruction
Application Procedures kindly apply only through this website
- Masters Degree (or higher) in Education
- Five years of classroom experience
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. When employed by George Fox University, employees must be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
- Statement of teaching philosophy
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Review of applications will begin at once and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: Katy Turpen, email@example.com
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)