Job DescriptionDescription/Job Summary
This position is responsible for:
- Provide classroom, lab and/or clinical instruction.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Provide leadership to develop and/or deliver lecture content on a variety of Physical Therapy topics.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to student assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with other faculty, as well as college officials to meet accreditation standards for Physical Therapy, Middles States and Maryland Higher Education Commission.
- Develop, and when necessary, revise existing curriculum to reflect currency in the Physical Therapy accreditation standards.
- Revise curricula to reflect the hospital industry's expectations for entry- level practitioners.
- With the program faculty, procure clinical placement for students, and evaluate the effectiveness of the same to ensure successful student outcomes, as needed or when appropriate.
- Maintain posted office hours for the instruction and advisement of students.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate inventory of Physical Therapy supplies for laboratory instruction.
- Complete required reports on student progression.
- Assist with the management of incompleteness and make-ups.
- Occasionally instruct Independent Study students for purpose of graduation.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Dean.
- Minimum of one (1) year physical therapy experience.
- Licensed as a PT or PTA by the Maryland Board of Physical.
- Therapy Examiners Associate degree.
- Computer literacy; experience working with personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to the philosophy of the community college.
- Masters degree preferred
- Work experience preferably in a higher education institution
- Commitment to the philosophy of the community college
- Experience working in multi cultural environments.