At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Materials Science & Physics group of Wiley is offering an Assistant Editor position based in the United States for its portfolio of internationally renowned journals. (e.g Advanced Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Small, Advanced Science).
Applicants for the position should have a broad interest in scholarly publishing with a PhD in an area related to chemistry, physics, and material sciences. International postdoctoral experience and previous research experience in optics, photonics, and energy research would be beneficial. They should be self-motivated, have excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), be diplomatic, flexible, and have an excellent command of the English language.
Applicants should send in their full CV with a cover letter describing their suitability for the posts.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- Managing the peer-review procedures for the article submitted to our material sciences and physics journals, including final decisions.
- Be responsible of development of journal content and contact with authors and referees from all over the world.
- Recruiting exciting science and review material
- Have a Ph.D. in materials sciences, physics, chemistry and adjacent disciplines. Research background in optics, photonics, and energy advantageous.
- Have strong negotiation/interpersonal skills to interact effectively with reviewers, authors, and noted scientific authorities.
- Can work effectively both independently and as part of a diverse, global team.
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills, creativity, willingness to experiments, highly motivated and achievement-oriented individuals.
- Have a broad interest in scholarly and digital publishing trends.
- Are familiar with social media tools, text and graphics computer applications, and excellent command of the English language.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered