Chichester, UK or Oxford, UK - Hybrid schedule
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
As Product Marketing Manager you will partner primarily with the Product Organization and external editorial contacts and clients, and the wider Marketing organization to create compelling go-to-market strategies for a portfolio of owned, joint-owned, and society-owned journal brands.
Responsible for a suite of journals, you'll develop customer-focused, data-driven plans that drive our relationship with researchers and authors, to deliver KPIs such as article submissions, revenue, readership growth, and society satisfaction.
As an experienced marketing professional, you have a strong collaborative approach and excellent communication skills enabling you to interact with a range of different stakeholders. You will relish the chance to innovate around our product marketing approach for journals and to be part of a high-performing, focused team delivering best-in-class product marketing. You can analyse data, market and competitive intelligence, and other insights to inform strategies and plans. You think and plan both for the longer term and to react in an agile fashion to market and competitive situations. You care about improving researchers' experience of our journals and improve journal brands awareness and engagement always with the goal of achieving article growth, increasing Open Access revenues, society satisfaction.
You will also act as a subject matter expert (SME) who transfers knowledge about markets, communities, audiences and product across marketing and sales functions.
You are a competent multi-tasker, resilient and highly organized, confident and outcomes focused.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Develop and implement brand awareness and lead strategies to establish, maintain or improve the position of your portfolio of journals
- Develop effective product positioning, messaging, and market entry strategies, deliver effective campaign and program briefings, support appropriate localization
- Leverage subject matter and community expertise
- Enable knowledge transfer to editorial about marketing deliverables and marketing best practice
- Maintain and improve society relationships
- Review market intelligence, market research and competitor behavior to understand what customers need and want; identified areas where Wiley can deliver article growth and market share gains
- Collaborate with colleagues across marketing organization to deliver marketing programs that deliver on journal, subject, and society goals
- Degree level or equivalent
- Society Publishing experience a plus
- 5 years Product Marketing experience
- Strategic Planning skills
- Good business acumen and an ability to keep focused on achieving KPIs
- Good data analytics and insight interpretation
- Budget Management
- Knowledge of Content Marketing
- Collaboration across functions
- Knowledge and understanding of systems and processes which support the marketing and sales functions
- Knowledge of relationship management with clients/other external stakeholders
- Comfortable multi-tasking and changing direction based on business needs
- Ability to influence others to support programs
- Accountability and responsibility to deliver on committed programs
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective prioritization skills
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered