TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH GRANT ADMIN.,SDM Associate Dean of Research Tracking Code7084 Job DescriptionManage research applications and awards at the School of Dental Medicine including 10 departments and two centers. Directly support 5-8 investigators in their grants management. Oversee, manage and problem-solve grant accounting issues. Provide pre & post-award support for the fiscal management of the assigned research grant portfolio. Work with the Operations Manager to ensure procedures, controls and reports are in place to support this effort. Serve as project manager to coordinate large multi-departmental grants as needed. Serve as liaison to OSP, IRB and Compliance. Identify federal and non-federal programmatic initiatives and funding opportunities. Counsel prospective grant applicants regarding grant application and submission process.
* Bachelor Degree, scientific discipline preferred.
* At least 7 years of total work experience with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience with budget, research administration, grant management or grant accounting.
* Must have experience with both pre and post award grant process.
* Proven track record in customer service, attention to detail, and problem solving.
* Must possess exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
* Must be able to consistently meet deadlines.
* Must be willing to take initiative, be extremely organized and handle multiple priorities.
* Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and make decisions quickly and independently.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; comfortable working in a computer based environment.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular