*Working Title:*Associate Dean of the Jere W. Morehead Honors College
*About the University of Georgia:*The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities, is the state's oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ([https://www.uga.edu/](https://www.uga.edu/)). UGA is currently ranked among the top 15 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University's main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University's enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
*Retirement Plan:*TRS or ORP
*Benefits Eligibility:*Benefits Eligible
*Advertised Salary:*$100,000 - $140,000
*Anticipated Start Date:*01/01/2022
*Job Posting Date:*09/09/2021
*Open until filled:*Yes
*Special Instructions to Applicants:*All applicants must apply at [https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/199924](https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/199924). Applications must include the following: resume/CV, cover letter, and list of references with contact information (minimum of 3 and maximum of 4). Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled, but applications received before 11/1/2021 will be ensured full consideration. Please contact Dr. David S. Williams at email@example.com with any questions.
*Location of Vacancy:*Athens Area
*EEO Statement:*The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Classification Title:*Assoc/Asst Dean AC
*Faculty Rank:*Open Rank
*Contract Type:*Fiscal (12 mo.)
*Minimum Qualifications:*All candidates must have a PhD or equivalent terminal degree
*Position Summary:*The Jere W. Morehead Honors College invites applications for its Associate Dean position with an anticipated start date as soon as January 1, 2022 but no later than the beginning of the 2023 fiscal year (July 1, 2022). The selected candidate will report directly to the Associate Provost and Dean of the Morehead Honors College, who in turn reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
The Associate Dean supports strategic strengthening of the Honors College by working closely with the Associate Provost and Dean; represents the Morehead Honors College and the Center for Undergraduate Research Opportunities (CURO) on campus and externally, including regionally and nationally; oversees the daily operations of the CURO office and the Honors academic advising team; coordinates Honors curricular offerings; and supervises several staff members.
*Additional Requirements:*All candidates must have progressively responsible leadership and administrative experience as evidenced by a background that includes leadership at a management level including, program development and accreditation.
Internal candidates must be a tenured professor or tenured associate professor with at least three years of experience at that level by the effective date of the appointment.
External candidates must:
* Be either a full professor or an associate professor with at least three years of experience at that level;
* Have a proven record of scholarly achievement and a national and/or international reputation for the candidate's expertise in a particular specialty area as evidenced by documentation of teaching, research and/or service contributions consistent with appointment as an associate or full professor at the University of Georgia. Please see the guidelines for more information including the requirements for these ranks: [https://provost.uga.edu/policies/appointment-promotion-and-tenure/promotion-tenure-criteria/](https://provost.uga.edu/policies/appointment-promotion-and-tenure/promotion-tenure-criteria/); and
* Be eligible for tenure upon appointment at the time of hire. To be eligible for tenure upon appointment, candidates must have been tenured at a prior institution and bring a demonstrably national reputation to UGA.
*Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification:*
* Background that includes mentoring undergraduate students.
* Background that includes strategic planning and/or initiatives that have strengthened academic programs.
* Service on university-wide committees.
*Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:*
* A demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
* Documented effectiveness as a staff supervisor.
* Documented success in academic leadership.
* Documented accomplishment as a research team or committee leader in an academic setting.
* Knowledge of best practices in academic areas such as student learning outcomes assessment, curriculum development, and/or program assessment.
* A broad knowledge of UGA and the role played by the Honors Program and CURO.
* Engaging and clear communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* A strong interest in supporting the success of others.
* A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
*Is this a Position of Trust?:*Yes
*Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:*Yes
*Does this position require a P-Card? :*No
*Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :*No
*Is driving a responsibility of this position?:*No
*Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:*Yes
*Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):*Yes
*Credit and P-Card policy:*Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the [UGA Credit Background Check](https://hr.uga.edu/applicants/pre-employment-background-investigations/) website.
*Duties/Responsibilities:*Honors College: Support strategic strengthening and planning of Honors by working closely with the Associate Provost and Dean. Serve as "second in command in Honors."
*Percentage Of Time:*30
*Duties/Responsibilities:*Honors College Academic Advising: Supervise the Honors academic advising team.
*Percentage Of Time:*10
*Duties/Responsibilities:*CURO: Oversee daily operations of the Center for Undergraduate Research Opportunities and supervise and train the staff.
*Percentage Of Time:*35
*Duties/Responsibilities:*Honors and CURO Data Management: Collect, manage, and analyze data, and prepare internal, university, and national reports for Honors and CURO.
*Percentage Of Time:*10
*Duties/Responsibilities:*Other duties as assigned
*Percentage Of Time:*15