*Assistant Director of Research & Data Analytics*
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
*Posted Job Title*
Assistant Director of Research & Data Analytics
*Job Profile Title*
Associate Director B
*Job Description Summary*
The Penn Champions Club serves as the Development and Alumni Relations arm of the Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Pennsylvania. The Penn Champions Club aims to advance the Division's mission of providing world-class experiences for Penn student-athletes. Our goal is to develop and maintain relationships with alumni, family and friends to secure resources for Penn Athletics' top priorities. At the core of our daily efforts is the commitment to the holistic development of every student-athlete across each of Penn's 33 varsity sports, sport club and recreational participants as well as impact Penn Athletics' Centers for Excellence. In two of the past three fiscal years, the team has raised over $60 million in commitments, the two largest fundraising years in the history of Penn Athletics. With the conclusion of the Game Onward Campaign in June 2021, in which Athletics raised $241.1 million in commitments, planning has begun surrounding new opportunities and our next major fundraising initiative. We strive to have a positive impact on the experience of current and future student-athletes while creating environments where they can become champions in the classroom, in the community and in competition.
Reporting to the Director of Development in the Penn Champions Club-the alumni relations and development arm for Penn Athletics. Support department-wide initiatives in collaboration and in coordination with the entire Penn Champions Club staff as the team looks to the future following the conclusion of the Game Onward Campaign. Partner with the other members of the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) team to foster stronger and growing relationships between the University and our constituents through the use of information. This position will use statistical analysis, research methods and data modeling tools and techniques to proactively generate leads for the annual fund and major gift teams while also looking for opportunities to innovate and positively impact philanthropic and engagement activities. This position will be a key member of the athletics development team as Penn Athletics looks to grow the donor base and continues on a trajectory of successful fundraising.
In collaboration with the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Development and Alumni Relations and the Director of Development, develop and coordinate initiatives for Penn Athletics annual, endowment and capital giving programs. Use database query, export, and reporting tools to extract, manipulate, analyze, visualize and report data, trends and patterns. Use data analytics to assess existing programs and segments and make recommendations for improvement. Create visually appealing and easy-to-read reports that drive strategy within the Division and inform administration and partners of results. Utilizing University databases and outside sources to identify potential unrated major gift donors, identify major gift prospects assigned to other schools and centers who have an athletic affiliation, identify high probability donors based on their engagement profile, and generate travel lists based on greatest ROI for frontline fundraisers. Additional responsibilities will include coordination with various user groups, defining and executing production schedules for internal and external reporting, information updating, routine maintenance/backup of data, management of the Athletics pipeline, extensive prospect research, event research and follow-up, and tracking overall endowment performance of athletic funds. Work closely with departments within DAR to ensure the accuracy in the data that is being recorded. Where needed, in collaboration with Director of Annual Giving develop or support the review of materials and target audiences of said materials. This includes, but not limited to, segment, run data for, and manage delivery process for mass emails and other digital outreach for the Penn Champions Club giving efforts.
The University of Pennsylvania's and the Penn Champions Club's success depends on great minds that represent a wide array of perspectives and backgrounds, and our pursuit of equity and inclusion is infused in every aspect of its work-from teaching and learning to campus life, from research to practice, from patient care in our health system to welcoming patrons through our arts and culture centers. Penn is dedicated to making a meaningful impact locally, nationally, and globally, to benefit society and the world and to improve lives. Our work in Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) upholds this University-wide effort through our every interaction with alumni, parents, friends, and donors; through the connections we foster with our colleagues; and through the initiatives and programs that our work supports. The work of DAR is rooted in relationship building, in cultivating trust through respectful, honest exchanges, and inspiring engagement and philanthropy through sharing bold ambitions to shape a better world in which all people may thrive. We believe that authenticity, transparency, and empathy are critical to create an inclusive environment in which our staff as well as Penn's alumni, parents, donors, and other friends can feel they belong. As a team, we draw our strength from our diversity, and we achieve outstanding results through our collective dedication to Penn's mission to create a more just and equitable world.
Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years' experience in data analysis, fundraising, marketing, public relations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required; 2-4 years' experience preferred; experience in higher education and specifically the University of Pennsylvania preferred. Knowledge of annual, endowment and capital giving mechanisms and techniques preferred. Must be detail oriented, highly motivated and able to multi-task with changing priorities and meet task deadlines. Must possess the ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment, with a mix of colleagues and members of the broader Penn community. Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle multiple priorities with ease in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility as tasks and priorities may change based on weekly and monthly tracking meetings as well as last minute requests. Ability to quickly provide progress reports in order to contribute to data driven decision making. Enthusiasm and proactivity to take the lead on new projects and initiatives; some that may fall outside the scope of the job description. We are looking for someone who is technologically savvy and proactive in nature with the ability to learn quickly and then implement learnings to increase efficiency and effectiveness for the entire team.
Proficiency and demonstrated expert usage of Microsoft Office Suite including: MS WORD, EXCEL, Access; additional experience using electronic communications tools such as iModules or comparable email client, content management systems for website management, electronic publication tools and data visualization tools such as Qlikview or Tableau. Must be willing to work minimal evenings and limited weekends to staff University and departmental events. Occasional travel required. Valid driver's license required.
*Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the "Resume/CV" section of the application prior to submitting.*
*Job Location - City, State*
*Department / School*
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
*Affirmative Action Statement *
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
*Special Requirements *
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
* *Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts*: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
* *Tuition*: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
* *Retirement:* Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
* *Time Away from Work:* Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
* *Long-Term Care Insurance:* In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
* *Wellness and Work-life Resources*: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
* *Professional and Personal Development:* Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
* *University Resources:* As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
* *Discounts and Special Services*: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
* *Flexible Work Hours:* Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
* *Penn Home Ownership Services:* Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
* *Adoption Assistance:* Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: [https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2477016&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay) opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2477016&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
*To apply, visit [https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Hutchinson-Gymnasium/Assistant-Director-of-Research---Data-Analytics_JR00039322-1](https://apptrkr.com/2477016)*
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)