Director of Clinical Training/Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology
The Psychology Department at Midwestern State University (MSU), an affiliate of the Texas Tech University System, invites applications for a renewable non-tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2022.
Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with a rigorous undergraduate and graduate education. MSU prides itself on an emphasis on teaching, undergraduate research participation, and high-impact teaching. The university holds that a strong institutional environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion fuels scholarship, respect, innovation, and social justice - all values of our core liberal arts principles and identity.
Wichita Falls, TX is home to Midwestern State University. Wichita Falls is a quiet community located in North Central Texas, approximately two hours from both the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and Oklahoma City.Position Details:
- This is an 11-month hybrid appointment.
- The successful candidate will serve as the Director of Clinical Training in MSU Texas' Master's of Arts Clinical/Counseling Psychology (MACCP) program.
- Supervise the daily operations of the MSU Psychology Clinic
- Oversee clinical internship placements for student clinicians
- Maintain student records necessary for degree progression and licensure
- Provide clinical supervision for clients seen in the MSU Psychology Clinic
- The successful candidate will teach four graduate level courses, beyond those associated with clinical supervision, annually in the MACCP program.
The successful candidate must:
- have earned a doctorate from an APA -accredited program in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or a closely related area, by August 2022;
- be licensed or license eligible in the State of Texas, capable of providing individual and group supervision
- be able to teach a range of graduate courses including Applied Ethics, Multicultural Psychology, and Biological Bases of Human Behavior.
- demonstrate the ability to work collegially
The Search Committee is particularly interested in candidates who:
- are able to help the university fulfill its aspiration to celebrate differences, respect diversity, provide equity for opportunities, and fulfill the potential of everyone;
- have previous experience implementing high-impact teaching practices;
- are able to teach and supervise cognitive assessment; and,
- can develop strong relationships within the local clinical community.
Applicants will submit a letter of intent addressing both the Required and Preferred Qualifications; a curriculum vita; graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. All materials will be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to: Faculty Search Committee, Department of Psychology, Midwestern State University, 3410 Taft Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308.
Please direct any questions to Dr. David Carlston, Department Chair by phone (940) 397-4718 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).Application Deadline:
Application review begins immediately. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by November 15, 2021. Position is open until filled.
This position is designated as security sensitive and requires the finalist to complete a criminal background check. Midwestern State University is an EEO/ADAAA compliance employer.
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Internship Director, Location: Wichita Falls, TX - 76308