Since 1962, Franklin Pierce University has empowered thousands of undergraduate and graduate students to achieve academic excellence and lead meaningful, successful lives. Drawing from our strong foundation in liberal education, we offer programs and educational experiences that develop essential intellectual and professional skills; promote close connections between students, faculty members, and staff; and position our students to realize their potential through highly personalized, financially accessible academic offerings.
Franklin Pierce encompasses a far-reaching geographic and virtual network educating a diverse population of residential undergraduates, online learners, and full-time graduate students through our main campus in Rindge, NH, and online and graduate centers in Manchester, and Lebanon, NH, and Goodyear, AZ. As one University with boundless opportunities, we continue to explore new educational models and programs that build on our legacy of excellence and help students expand their knowledge, direct their passions, and graduate as qualified, engaged leaders.Job Summary:
The Master of Physician Assistant Studies program is committed to the training of high-quality clinicians with particular emphasis on primary care for rural and underserved populations. The program is located only minutes from Dartmouth College and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center where facilities for gross anatomy, clinical simulation, and supervised clinical practice experiences are routinely utilized. In addition, there are numerous opportunities to interface with faculty from the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, including in inter-professional education. Courses are taught on our West Lebanon campus.
As a member of the MPAS faculty, this part-time position requires the individual to possess the knowledge and skills needed to help conduct the curriculum of the PA program. Faculty members are expected to participate in several aspects of the program, including admissions, curriculum design/instruction/evaluation, student evaluation/remediation, and student advising/counseling. Additional assignments may include (but not be limited to) serving on committees within the department and University, oversight of clinical experiences, clinical site evaluation, and small group facilitation.
All MPAS faculty appointments report directly to the Program Director of the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. Faculty members will maintain good communication and positive/professional working relationships with other faculty, staff, and students.Specific course needs vary by academic term and may include, but are not limited to:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Didactic coursework, including basic sciences, procedural skills, and H & P skills.
- Supervised Clinical Practical Experiences (SCPEs) (clinical rotations)
- Clinical student, site, and preceptor visits
- Preparation for Clinical Education
- Preparation for Clinical Practice
- Seminars (including Senior Seminar)
- Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) Preparation
The full and complete application must include:
- Master's degree or higher degree in an appropriate field of study (e.g., PA, MD, NP/APRN, Ph.D.)
- Minimum of three years of experience in the field
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience is preferred (current license is preferred)
- Teaching experience in health-related subjects of at least two years
- Excellent written, verbal, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position
- A complete and current curriculum vita outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences
- Names and contacts for three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Join a talented team of faculty that is committed to providing teaching and learning experiences using best practices and contributing to the profession through service and scholarships. This position will be open until filled. The anticipated appointment date is Spring 2021.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Franklin Pierce recognizes the impact of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or 603-899-4075. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Powered by JazzHR