*Job no:* 501154
*Work type:* Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
*Location:* Long Beach
*Categories:* Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Business/Management
*Position*: Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management
*Effective Date: *August 17, 2022 (Fall Semester)
*Salary Range: *Commensurate with qualifications and experience
*Application Deadline:* Review of applications to begin September 7, 2021. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)[College of Business ](https://www.csulb.edu/college-of-business)
[Department of Management and Human Resource Management](Department%20of%20Management%20and%20Human%20Resource%20Management)*Required Qualifications:*
* Ph.D. in Human Resource Management, Management with a focus on Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology or Ethnic Studies with a focus on people in organizations, or other related areas. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2022.
* Demonstrated potential to teach Human Resource Management and/or related management subjects effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels
* Demonstrated potential for curriculum development at the undergraduate and graduate levels
* Demonstrated potential for scholarship leading to publications
* Demonstrated potential to contribute in service roles to the department, college, university, and community
* Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
*Preferred Qualifications: *
* Teaching experience at the college level
* Expertise in at least one functional domain of HRM (e.g., compensation, recruiting, selection, training,), research in their field (preferably in top-tier journals), related business, professional or managerial experience; expertise in compensation and benefits, labor relations, or leadership and motivation would strongly complement our current faculty's expertise and interests.
* Potential to develop relationships across the university's surrounding community
* Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels that will include undergraduate courses in human resources, leadership, and organizational behavior. [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
* Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities leading to presentations and publications
* Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
*How to Apply - Required **Documentation: *
* An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: [http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement](http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement)
* Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
* Transcript from institution awarding highest degree
* Student evaluations and other evidence of teaching effectiveness, if applicable
* Evidence of research and/or publication in the field, if applicable
* Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the *finalist* *stage*)
* *Finalists* should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
*How to Apply:* Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Mona Zanhour, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Management/HRM
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8502
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Advertised:* Jun 22, 2021 (8:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
*Applications close:* Open until filled