Job Title: Vice Provost and Founding Dean of the Kummer College of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35334
Hiring Department A new kind of leader for a new kind of College. Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T), one of the nation's top technological research universities, invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice Provost and Founding Dean of the Kummer College of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development.
*TO APPLY OR NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: [https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-dean/](https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-dean/).*
*Position Description*The Vice Provost and Founding Dean of the Kummer College will develop an inspirational vision, key strategies, and ambitious goals that will establish the College as a global leader in translational and transformational education and research. The Dean will create an ecosystem of innovation at the nexus of technology and business that yields real-world applications and solutions to drive economic development at regional, statewide, national, and global scales. The Dean will facilitate effective and productive collaborations across disciplines, particularly with the strong STEM base at Missouri S&T, that creatively engage key industry, government, and academic partners. The Dean will work with the university community and external partners to link fundamental and applied research that leverages systems thinking and advanced prototype development.The Dean will have an unwavering commitment to organizational excellence through respectful and inclusive communication and processes; prioritizing the academic, professional, and personal development of students, staff, and faculty; conflict resolution through creativity, cooperation, and teamwork; responsible management of the College's finances, personnel, and physical assets; and engagement of faculty and University Advancement to grow and diversify revenue streams into the College.
*Key attributes of the Founding Dean include:*
* Keen judgment to make timely, effective decisions and implement solutions that effectively address problems and are developed with creativity, stakeholder input, and a nuanced understanding of complex issues.
* Demonstrated strategic planning and project-centered implementation skills that can propel the College toward long-term goals.Bold leadership through change, including connecting the dots of opportunity and continually reinventing and reconfiguring the College's assets and people to meet demand and to innovate.
* Resource management that drives measurable results, with a commitment to seizing entrepreneurial opportunity and demonstrating accountability.
* Savvy global perspective that allows the College and Institute to adapt and thrive amid constantly changing global factors.
* Sound operational skills anchored by a situational awareness of various functional domains within the College, the Institute and the University.
* Relational approach to leadership that inspires trust, motivates top performance, and creates results that are greater than the sum of the parts.
* Political acuity that undergirds diplomacy and negotiation skills and results in deft management of diverse and competing agendas and personalities.
* Unwavering commitment to work effectively with, and leverage the strength of, people who differ in race, age, gender and other important background traits, including effective recruitment and hiring of diverse candidates.
* Finely tuned communication skills that persuade and influence diverse audiences on vital matters, including strategies, concepts, decisions, activities and outcomes.
* Deep understanding of the human dimension within every decision, especially those decisions most easily reached from a data-informed perspective.
* Manifest commitment to self-reflection, acceptance of critical feedback and resultant change to create improvement in self and organization.
* Firm understanding and strong adherence to the university's values of lifelong success, creativity, integrity, sustainability, partnerships, and inclusion.
* An earned doctoral degree from an accredited university.
* Academic credentials in a science, technology, or business field appropriate for appointment as tenured full professor within the College.
* A record of at least 8 years of outstanding administrative and leadership success in academic, corporate, or research organizations.
*TO APPLY OR NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: [https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-dean/](https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-dean/).* *Comments*The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
*EEO IS THE LAW*
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
* EEO is the Law [English Version](http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
* EEO is the Law [Spanish Version](http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf)
* EEO is the Law [Chinese Version](http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost(chinese).pdf)