*About Baltimore City Community College*
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
*Requisition Number:* 2021-149
*Posting Start Date:* 10/6/2021
*Minimum Education:* PhD
* Additional Documentation:* YES
*Compensation:* Commensurate with Experience
Dean, SNHPDescription/Job SummaryThe Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions (SNHP) reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Baltimore City Community College. Under the direction of the Vice President, the Dean of SNHP, provides leadership, motivates others, and facilitates change while effectively managing programs, accreditation, resources, and personnel. The Dean will value the dignity and importance of people from all backgrounds and will have demonstrated an interest in mentorship, collaboration, and partnership. With a shared governance approach, the Dean will demonstrate excellent communication and relationship building skills, and will pursue innovation in teaching, practice, and service opportunities for the college and community. The Dean will bring a student-centered approach. Given the impact of the global pandemic and other world events, the Dean must be ready to deeply engage with the Baltimore City community to address community needs, and to support the wellbeing and success of the faculty, staff, and students. The School will be recruiting several new faculty members who will bring a range of personal and professional experience. These additions have underscored the need for the next Dean to be committed to excellent mentorship for faculty and nurturing their development as outstanding educators. Externally, the Dean will work with clinical partners and academic leaders to address the challenges of securing clinical placements, for all programs within the School of Nursing and Health Professions. The Dean fosters, develops and maintains strong relationships with local high schools, four- year institutions and public and community agencies.
* Oversee the coordination of personnel, schedules, resources, and data to meet the needs of the division and enhance the educational effectiveness of programs and services.
* Plan, oversee, and direct accreditation and reporting for the programs in SNHP.
* Recommend instructional and general policies, conduct meetings to facilitate planning, data analysis and collegial/shared governance decision-making.
* Maintain current knowledge of new trends and innovations in community colleges and higher education.
* Provide leadership for accreditation and program review, including the assessment of student learning outcomes.
* Promote excellence in teaching and innovation in curriculum development.
* Facilitate the partnership with high schools to expand the dual enrollment and other programs.
* Develop guided pathways between workforce and the academy.
* Work with faculty to plan for curriculum expansion, modifications, and deletions; and set priorities for resource needs.
* Facilitate academic partnerships among program faculty and four-year transfer institutions.
* Ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
* Work with faculty to identify grant resources to support program development and special projects.
* Work with the Associate Deans to manage fulltime and part time faculty evaluations.
* Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned professional and support staff.
* Work with the Associate Deans to recruit adjunct faculty and review credentials.
* Provide oversight for the course schedule and the assignment of faculty to courses; and monitor workloads.
* Work with the Associate Deans and Student Affairs to manage content for the college catalog.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Understanding of and commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
* Collaborative leadership style; demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
* Current knowledge of best practices in curriculum development and course/program assessment and institutional/specialized accreditation.
* Competency in instructional design including technology enhanced methods of course delivery
* Understanding of innovative pedagogy and instructional design.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proficiency in the use of research, statistical analysis, and information technologies.
* Proven ability to provide leadership in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
* Earned Doctorate required from an accredited University.
* Minimum of seven years leadership/ management experience at the Academic Dean, or Academic Administrative level at a university or college with a proven record of fulltime faculty supervision.
* Working knowledge and implementation of assessment activities at the course and program levels.
* Working knowledge and experience with program accreditation.
* Experience in course and program review.
* 7-10 years of fulltime teaching in a college/university.
* Teaching experience within a discipline in a health professions academic area.
* An earned faculty rank at the Assistant Professor level or above.
* Experience in planning and coordinating for the improvement of curriculum and instruction.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in ensuring implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment of student learning.
* Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
* A minimum of ten years of experience at the Dean, Department, Division Head, or Center Director level or above with a proven record of fulltime faculty supervision.
* Teaching experience within a discipline in one of the SNHP academic areas.
* Experience monitoring or overseeing funds provided through grants and contracts with external agencies.
* Experience in developing public and/or private partnerships and securing external funding.
* Experience working with high schools to develop dual enrollment and other special programs.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the [EEO is the Law Poster](http://help.baiworks.com/files/EEO_Is_The_Law.pdf) and [Pay Transparency Statement](http://help.baiworks.com/files/Pay_Transparency_Notice.pdf).
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail