*Department:*: 01-50-5048-Doctor of Health Sciences
*Locations:*: East Longmeadow, MA
*Posted:*: Sep 20, 2021
*Closes:*: Open Until Filled
*Type:*: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
*Position ID:*: 137022
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at [www.baypath.edu](http://www.baypath.edu/) where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
* Position Code: TBD
* Job Type: Full-time
* Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm and evenings and weekends as needed
* Position Location: Remote
We seek a dynamic, collaborative faculty member who has an established track record for high quality online teaching and research at the university level. The faculty member should be an experienced educator and respected scholar with a passion for teaching, research, and mentoring students.
The ideal candidate has leadership experience in the healthcare field, a history of peer reviewed publications, and online course development and delivery expertise. This is a full-time, 12-month, remote faculty position in the Doctor of Health Science Program.
The successful candidate will have a research doctorate in health science or a related field. They must be academically and experientially qualified to teach and supervise doctoral research projects, both qualitative and quantitative m0ethodology.The faculty member will demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in online learning opportunities, and collaborate with faculty members to implement, modify, and regularly review department curriculum. Faculty expectations also includes scholarship and student advising, participating in departmental meetings, and University functions.
The faculty member will report directly to the Doctor of Health Science Program Director and carry a course load of 24 credits/academic year. They will demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in learning and research at the doctoral level. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Bay Path University's School of Education, Human and Health Sciences houses the University's Applied Behavior Analysis, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Education, Genetic Counseling, Healthcare Management, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Public Health, and Special Education Programs. These programs prepare health care and educational professionals and leaders for success in a rapidly changing global environment.
The person selected for this position will join a collaborative and dedicated School which emphasizes excellence in education at all levels. The faculty member will be expected to participate in curriculum and programmatic development and innovation; advisement of graduate students; participate actively in local, state, and national professional organizations; and contribute to the service mission of the University and the School of Education, Human and Health Sciences.
* Teach 8 courses (24 credits) annually.
* Working with the Program Director, assume responsibility for course planning, implementation, and evaluation in the program.
* In collaboration with the Center for On-line Learning and assigned Instructional Designer(s): Work to develop and maintain courses in Canvas LMS.
* Participate in the selection of instructional materials, library resources, and other materials necessary for enhancing the teaching/learning experience.
* Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
* Maintain required weekly office hours.
* Assume responsibility for research supervision of assigned students.
* Conduct student advisement and assessment of learning outcomes on a regular basis according to the program's assessment plan.
* Advise students in academic and professional issues.
* Maintain evaluative records of student performance and conference with students regarding their progress at appropriate intervals.
* Support and provide supervision to DHSc student research.
* Participate in all accreditation activities, such as but not limited to report writing and data collection.
* Work collaboratively with program faculty and staff and colleagues from other programs.
* Remain actively involved in professional organizations, maintain scholarship in the field of healthcare leadership.
* Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
* Produce intellectual contributions leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals, and service are required.
* Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, and interviewing students as requested.
* Attend all major University events (e.g. Commencement).
* Actively seek opportunities for and participate in faculty governance.
* Participate in University, Program, and School of Education Health and Human Sciences' meetings and activities.
* Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
* Attend trainings as required.
* Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
* Research doctorate (PhD or EdD).
* Evidence of teaching and service excellence, including graduate level teaching experience in an academic institution.
* Evidence of scholarly work and peer reviewed publications.
* Previous online course development and teaching experience at the graduate level required.
* Experience with research and teaching research.
* Minimum of 5 years of healthcare leadership experience.
* Minimum of 5 years higher education experience.
* Experience teaching in an on-line format. Bay Path uses the Canvas LMS.
* Evidence of excellent oral and written communications.
* Ability to teach courses within the DHSc curriculum beyond research content area.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
* Evidence of continued and progressive professional development in the academic and professional communities.
* Ability to use the University's resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
* Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Program Director, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
* Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
* Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I).
* Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
* An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University's history, mission, and hallmark strengths.
* Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
* Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
* All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
* General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
* Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
*Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion*
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [HR@baypath.edu](mailto:HR@baypath.edu) or call 413-565-1168.