Theatre Adjunct Instructor Applicant Pool (Production Director)Santa Clarita Community College District - College of the CanyonsAnnounces Employment Opportunities For Adjunct (Part-Time) InstructorsAvailability needed: Valencia campus / Canyon Country Campus
Deadline to apply: Not Applicable.
We are accepting applications on an on-going basis for future consideration into the Applicant Pool. When no review date is listed for an Adjunct Instructor position, the position is open until filled. *Your application will not be considered until all required documents have been received*.
QualificationsPossession of an unexpired California Community College Instructor Credential in Theatre.
*OR*- Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theatre arts/performance
*OR*- Bachelor's degree or Bachelors of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance AND Master's degree in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature, or humanities
*OR*- Equivalency: An official transcript documenting successful completion of any Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education AND official transcripts documenting successful completion of 24 semester units in the discipline at the upper division and graduate level, a minimum of which must be 12 graduate level semester units.
Desirable Qualifications• Extensive directing experience.
• Ability to carry out the professional duties of the position, working with department designers, technical director and a student work crew.
• Collaborative work style.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Commitment to teaching theatre through production.
Responsibilities• Direct Theatre production as assigned.
• Regular meetings with design and production team as necessary to fully realize the director's vision of the production working within the established schedule nd budget.
• Develop a vision for the play.
• Participate in evening auditions and callbacks.
• Conduct evening and weekend rehearsals as outlined in the official course schedule.
• Negotiate specific rehearsal days and times that accommodates the academic schedules of the student cast and crew.
• Attend all day technical rehearsal on the Sunday before opening.
• Attend all design and production meetings as scheduled.
• Fulfill other instructional or academic duties as may be assigned by the Dean of the School of Visual and Performing Arts or the Chair of the Department.
• Collaborate with the production team which may consist of the producer, technical director, lighting, sound, set and costume designer.
• Collaborate creatively with the student actors and student technical crew.
* Hiring committees review all complete, qualified application packets. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
* A teaching demonstration may be required at the interview stage.
* From time to time the equivalencies accepted by departments change. If you are qualifying under an equivalency, please note that if hired you must qualify under the established minimum qualifications or department equivalency(ies) in place at the time of hire.
Conditions of EmploymentAssignments may include Monday through Friday (day and evening), as well as Saturday classes.
Adjunct Salary Rate: Starting at $67.25 per hour. (Link to [Academic Adjunct Salary Schedule](/administration/humanresources/employment/compensation/partimefaculty.php)).
Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential/transcripts, background fingerprint clearance, tuberculosis screening, proof of eligibility to work in the United States (College of the Canyons hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States) and Board of Trustees approval as required.
Application InstructionsAll materials listed below are required to be considered for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting our website at [Jobs at COC](/administration/humanresources/employment/index.php). All application materials must be uploaded online or received by the Human Resources Department, located in the University Center, Suite 360. College of the Canyons, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, California 91355. If you require assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 362-3427 or for hearing impaired TTY/TDD (661) 362-5178.
* *District ACADEMIC Application*.
* *Current detailed resume* summarizing education and experience.
* *Two (2) letters of professional reference*. One formal, signed teaching evaluation may be substituted for one (1) letter of reference.
* Each document must be dated within the last five years and have an original signature (fancy font type signatures are not acceptable).
* Complete *College transcripts* verifying educational degree(s) and/or coursework required for the position. Unofficial or copies of transcripts may be submitted for application purposes (please include both the front and back of ALL transcript pages); however, official transcripts must be submitted at the time of hiring. Copies of college diplomas are not acceptable in lieu of transcripts.
* *Important note on minimum education requirements*: Units and/or degree(s) earned must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education. The candidate is responsible for providing equivalency evaluation recognized by the District for degrees and/or units earned outside the United States, degrees from a college or university not accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education, or if degree is not in the exact discipline required. *For your convenience, we accept any company who is a current member of NACES*.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the official application packet is fully and correctly completed. All materials submitted become the property of the District. Materials will not be returned, copied or considered for other openings. *Complete applications will be kept on file for two (2) years from the date the application is initially received*.
Selection and Applicant Pool ProcessPositions are open until filled. The above position represents the anticipated need for the upcoming semester(s) or the applicant pool. The department may review materials at any time based on enrollment needs and the Human Resources Office will contact selected applicants for the interview process. Only completed application packets that meet the minimum qualifications or established equivalency will be considered.
*Qualified applicants who successfully complete the selection and interview process will be placed in the applicant pool and may be eligible for adjunct employment with the District anytime within the next 36 months.*
Equal Employment PolicyThe Santa Clarita Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Human Resources office directly at (661) 362-3428.