JOB GOAL:To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions. *GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: *The program director is responsible for developing and maintaining curriculum, equipment and facilities in accordance with FAA regulations and procedures. S/he will foster student learning through effective teaching aircraft maintenance coursework in preparing students for the FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification. A course load of 15 credit hours per semester is required. The teaching schedule will be assigned by the dean and may involve teaching at various Kirkwood locations in a variety of delivery formats including online, virtual, and face to face. Instructors may be asked to teach evenings and weekends. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the instructor will be expected to contribute professional expertise through non-teaching activities to the department, program, and college. The instructor will be responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of an individual Professional Preparation Plan as outlined by the College's Quality Faculty Plan. *UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES: ** Advocate for Continual Improvement, empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
* Collaborate with Mutual Accountability, working together with a willingness to take ownership and accountability for our actions.
* Champion Service, anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
* Perseverance, commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
* Lead, regardless of title, through positive influence.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:* Develop program, curriculum, facilities, and equipment for an Aviation Maintenance Technician School (AMTS) certificated by the FAA in accordance with 14 CFR part 147.
* Maintain program certification in accordance with 14 CFR part 147.
* Be able and willing to deliver courses in variable delivery times, methods, and locations as required by the college.
* Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi to students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
* Evaluate student performance and provide timely feedback on a regular basis.
* Utilize the Kirkwood Learning Management System to post course syllabi and relevant documents and provide access to student grade book.
* Maintain a minimum of one office hour per day and be available on an as-needed basis for student questions and discussions regarding their performance.
* Participate in curriculum development, revision, and assessment activities at course, program, department, and college levels.
* Discuss program, career, transfer options and other college services with students to support informed academic decisions.
* Participate in the development and/or execution of departmental and college tasks, projects, and goals.
* Maintain relationships with K12, transfer, and community and/or industry partners.
* Regularly engage in professional development activities and actively seek information about developing trends and ideas.
* Perform other related work duties as assigned.
*PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:** Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
* Be able and willing to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
* Establish and maintain a good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
* Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form and possess digital literacy skills related to computer technology.
* Be creative, energetic, and self-motivated with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
*The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.*PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:The position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:5 or more years of recent hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance or associate's degree with 3 years of recent hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance.*LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:*
Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.*PREFERRED* *QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:* Prior teaching experience.Experience in program development. Associate's degree. *EEO STATEMENT:* Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: equity@Kirkwood.edu or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.