The Psychology Department at Midwestern State University, an affiliate of the Texas Tech University System, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2022.
Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with a rigorous undergraduate and graduate education. Midwestern State University prides itself on an emphasis on teaching, undergraduate research participation, and high-impact teaching. The university holds that a strong institutional environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion fuels scholarship, respect, innovation, and social justice - all values of our core liberal arts principles and identity.
Wichita Falls, TX is home to Midwestern State University. Wichita Falls is a quiet community located in North Central Texas, approximately two hours from both the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and Oklahoma City.Position:
The Search Committee gives preference to candidates whose research and teaching complement that currently within the department. The successful applicant will primarily teach a 4/4 load with three unique courses per semester. Additionally, it is expected that the successful applicant maintain an active research agenda, promote undergraduate research opportunities, fulfill service requirements, and provide academic advising.Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate must:
- have earned a doctorate in Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, or a closely related area, by August 2022 (ABD acceptable at the rank of Instructor. PhD required by August 2023);
- demonstrate a commitment to high-quality undergraduate education;
- be able to teach a range of undergraduate courses including Research Methods, Tests and Evaluations, Developmental Psychology, and Social Psychology;
- help the university fulfill its aspiration to celebrate differences, respect diversity, provide equity for opportunities, and fulfill the potential of everyone;
- exhibit a record of sustainable research able to integrate undergraduate students; and,
- demonstrate the ability to work
The Search Committee is particularly interested in candidates with:
- previous experience implementing high-impact teaching practices (e.g., learning communities, service learning),
- experience delivering high-quality online teaching,
Applicants will submit a letter of intent addressing both the Required and Preferred Qualifications; a curriculum vita; graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. All materials will be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to: Faculty Search Committee, Department of Psychology, Midwestern State University, 3410 Taft Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308.
Please direct any questions to Dr. David Carlston, Department Chair by phone (940) 397-4718 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).Application Deadline:
Application review begins immediately. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by November 15, 2021. Position is open until filled.
This position is designated as security sensitive and requires the finalist to complete a criminal background check. Midwestern State University is an EEO/ADAAA compliance employer.
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Assistant Professor, Location: Wichita Falls, TX - 76308