*Assistant Dean, Residential Commons*
*Quick apply:* [https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/492771](https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/492771)/
*Who we are: * For nearly 200 years, Rensselaer has been defining the scientific and technological advances of our world. Rensselaer serves over 7,600 undergraduate and graduate students from 49 states and 63 countries. Guided by the Rensselaer Plan 2024, Rensselaer seeks to transform the delivery of pedagogical innovations, and to be a transformative agent in the 21st century and beyond. (CLASS)- Clustered Learning, Advocacy, and Support for Students is a comprehensive approach to the student experience at Rensselaer. Through ongoing support, guidance, and co-curricular activities, CLASS connects students to a network of faculty, staff, and other students, ensuring that they are part of a strong community of learners. As students strive to become the leaders of tomorrow, CLASS helps them develop the intellectual agility, multicultural sophistication, and global awareness that will enable them to change the world.
*Job Summary: *As a live-in Student Life professional, the Assistant Dean will maintain high visibility with residents and foster the development of living and learning communities that enhance student learning and success. The Assistant Dean will develop and deliver educational programming, provide student advocacy and support, participate in regular on-call duty rotation, supervise staff and serve as a conduct officer of the institution. The Assistant Dean is responsible for ensuring Clustered Learning, Advocacy, and Support for Students (CLASS) is fully realized through the Residential Commons.
Candidates are expected to have a Master's Degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel or a related field with two (2) or more years of experience in Student Affairs directly working with college students, preferably in a residence life setting. Incumbents must have the ability to travel to on-campus and off-campus locations within the Capital District as a requirement of on-call duties
*Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:*
* Understanding of student development theories and their application to students attending a highly selective, residential research university
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
* Experience with assessment, budgeting and strategic planning preferred
* Experience advising, coaching, mentoring, and counseling college students
* Demonstrate experience, skill, and ability in leading one of the primary residential assignments, e.g. recruitment and staffing, training, judicial, program development, and/or working with special and diverse student populations.
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Requires strong organizational skills
* Requires excellent customer service skills
* Requires ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
* Requires planning, organizing and effective time management skills.
*Application instructions: * Follow the on-screen prompts to create an application at [https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/492771](https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/492771)/. Please be ready to upload your cover letter and resume. If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*COVID-19 Pandemic Protocols*: As Rensselaer welcomes undergraduate and graduate students back to campus for an in-person academic experience, all faculty and staff are expected to work onsite, with no remote work allowed.
In addition, Rensselaer requires all faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national and international perspectives to Rensselaer's work and campus communities. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer.