POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for technical aspects of Research and Development categories. Maintains and Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
· Completes tasks as directed. Adheres to set objectives and standards. Independently completes product development projects from inception to completion (Published formula) to meet launch deadlines, with support from supervisor as needed. Investigates/researches problems/issues.
· Develops and refines formulas; performs product stability on all formulas with knowledge of shade matching the following categories and resolves stability issues.
o Powders (pressed and Loose)
o Mascara and Eyeliners
o Skin care and surfactant-based systems
· Monitors the quality and conformity of formulas
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development
· Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing
· May interface with technical support groups including marketing, product development, analytical testing facilities, process development and manufacturing
· Manage and train Chemists/Jr. Chemists/Lab Technicians, providing direction and guidance
· Reports to Lab Manager/Director
· Minimal Bachelors in Chemistry, Biology or related field of Science and 5-10 years related work experience.
Technical / Professional
· Knowledge in relevant scientific and technical field
· Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
· Good communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
· Formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
· Intermediate of applicable IT and R&I laboratory systems